Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Transferring Music files from computer to another....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Transferring Music files from computer to another....

    I am thinking of getting a new laptop and I was wondering how can I transfer my music files. Is there something that I could buy ie; a cable or zip disk. Any info would be greatly appercaited.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Transferring Music files from computer to another....

    There is a cable you can buy...but the cheapest way is to burn the files as a data cd and them drag the files off it onto the new pc.
    even if you have 1,500 files you could get it done in roughly 2 hours on 10 discs.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Transferring Music files from computer to another....

    or just use a data dvd so you can burn 8.5 or 4.7 gb's of data at a time.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Transferring Music files from computer to another....

    And when you're done, you also have a backup of your files.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Transferring Music files from computer to another....

    this is true..not every older pc has a dvd burner tho...i thought about that.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Transferring Music files from computer to another....

    Or just use one CDRW or DVDRW disc and use it over and over again until you have the transfers done.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Transferring Music files from computer to another....

    I have a question...on my PC a CDRW takes about twice as long to burn than a regular CDR...could just be the PC, anyone else experienced the same thing?..but that is why I don't buy many of em.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Transferring Music files from computer to another....

    I think I have over 800 songs. So if I was to make a data cd, about how many song files could I fit one disk?
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Transferring Music files from computer to another....

    As a guide, encoded at 128 you can fit right aroung 150 songs per disc.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Transferring Music files from computer to another....

    I think we had about 12 songs per CDR, but I cant remember the cd size...
    But we burned them all as a back up. I'm glad we did because not long after that the computer crashed and burned, & I had to reformat everyting.
    (We also wanted to be able to use in the car CD player)
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •